General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0122 Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0122 Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input

Got this code yesterday and replaced the sensor and the connector(it needed it). I'm still getting the code at the moment. I tested for a reference signal 5.05v,I'm showing a ground on the black wire,but what should be on the blue wire?It is voltage,etc? Looking at the sensor,it looks like the end of the shaft would sit in the middle of the rotaing mechanism,therefore the computer isn't getting a signal.I took the new one back and they ordered me another,but it won't be here til tomorrow.Just was wondering if I should check anything else.Thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Make sure you reset the TPS when you install a new one. I just installed a new one in my car last week. Unplug the TPS and turn the key to the on position...let it sit for a bit(don't remember exact time, 30 seconds is what I recall). Turn key off. Plug the sensor back in. Clear the code and start it up. See if that does it.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The blue wire is the output to the pcm It should have about 1 volt coming out at Idle. Close to 5 volts at wot. You can pull the little orange plug out of the back of the connector and check it with a volt meter while key on engine off and plugged into the tps. You don't have to reset the tps. Just clear the codes when you install the new one.
If the sensor doesn't fix it check the wire to the pcm. Make sure the wires are in the correct orientation after you changed the sensor connector.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok I'll try the things mentioned.When I try to erase the code with my scanner it won't let me? Just goes off and comes right back on.Have any idea which wire it is at the PCM?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Put on the other NEW sensor today and everything is good. The car is once again running strong.

Quick Reply: P0122 Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input