General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Random Misfiring Oil Fouled Plug Two SES Codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Misfiring Oil Fouled Plug Two SES Codes

This stared about 4 days ago. I did a WOT pull getting onto the freeway. Had all my power. When i shutdown about 110 Everything was fine! About 20secs after SES started blinking. So i started to baby the car. Had about 30 min drive home with no signs of a misfire. Car cools down, I get in the car to drive to my buddys house, An misfiring like a bitch. Only at lower rpms. Seemed to smooth out over 2500rpms. At this point there is no SES light an its not blinking. I drive to the gym today and the car is driving normal. However i have a SES light. Didnt seem to be misfiring at all but kinda felt a loss in power. Then on the way home from the gym the SES light goes OFF. So after i get home i goto drive the car again. This time when i start it up its misfiring an the locks seemed to be glitching along with my mileage counter. An electrical glitch. Seemed like a lock ticking sound coming from around my glove box. Every time this glitched the "Security" Light on my dash would also flash. So i went an bought new plugs. Had my codes checked. P0300 (Random cyl misfire) and P1637 (Generator L Terminal Circuit) I installed the new plugs an seems to have fixed the misfire. I have only about 2 minutes behind the wheel with the new plugs. BUT one of the plugs was oil fouled. Cyl #3 and the plug in #4 looked like it had a little oil on the bottom ring of the plug. But there is no way the #3 plug was firing. Does an oil fouled plug indicate a bigger problem? An I did some reading on the codes. Checked my Injector plugs.. All clean no corrosion. An for the p1637 it seems to be charing an my battery gauge is way over 13.. It seems to be fine one start up an fucked the next. But i am hoping the plugs will fix the misfire issue. Anyways... WTF? Any info would be great!

Quick Reply: Random Misfiring Oil Fouled Plug Two SES Codes