General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

blinker/drl issue! help please

Old 08-10-2009, 02:32 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Exclamation blinker/drl issue! help please

ok, so i have a problem with my passenger side front blinker and drl.

ok, so during the day without the drl on; the pass blinker doesn't work, but only on the front, and on the dash the arrow is much dimmer than the other.
now, during night with the drl on; the pass front blinker still does not work, but the blinker stays lit in both filaments, like the blinker is lighting up, but not blinking, and on the dash though, the arrow for that side is not lighting up at all.

both left and right back blinkers and brake lights work fine along with the drivers side front drl/blinker, and both rear side maker lights work, but not the passenger side front blinker/drl.

I've checked the bulbs, and replaced both the pass side front blinker bulb and drl bulb, and it has not fixed anything.

the only thing i have not checked to see if they work are the rear 3rd brake light.

help?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:00 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

anyone?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
anyone?
I would check the sockets or the flasher. Not sure with your car what all would be different from my 00 TA but I went through this with mine. Sockets that the bulbs go in looked like hell.. all corroded and black. I got some cheap replacements at auto zone for like 7 bucks each. Pulled the guts out of the socket and put the new one in. Good as new. Of course I tried replacing the flasher first. It was up underneath the steering column. The flasher is kind of a pain to get to. Hopefully that helps.

Search this Thread