General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hey guys, odd problem i need solving!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey guys, odd problem i need solving!

Out of the blue, the last 2 days, the first time i goto to start the car, i push the clutch in and turn the key and nothing happens, no noise, nothing. Just the lights go on and everything like they would if the car would start. Then i try it again and it works for the rest of the day. I was planning to take the car back to philly this saturday, but im a bit worried now since its an 8hr trip and i would need to come back.

It just seems odd it would happen on the first start of each day and not like happen in the middle of the day or on another startup. Any ideas? I have a few, clutch interlock, relay maybe. I feel like something isn't getting the signal obviously to start and then bam it gets it and starts up fine. What a pain in the *** problem to have!

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Is the chip on the key loose? Or, it could even be the VATS that works with that chip. I had that same problem, and, seeing as you and I have the same model year Z, what my mechanic did was disable VATS, and the problem went away. Of course, your car's not as secure, but that problem's never resurfaced.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well i have been doing searches all day and doing some reading. It just seems unfortunately until the problem gets worse i can't correct it since everything works fine. Next time though it doesn't start, im gonna check for the vats light. Should light be off when i goto start?