General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver Side low beam out, firebird, sealed beam is good

Old 09-14-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driver Side low beam out, firebird, sealed beam is good

All right, I have searched the FAQs for this and if I missed it, im sorry, please point me in the right direction.

When I first bought this car the DS low beam would flicker intermitenly, so I replaced the sealed beam. No problem, working great for 6 months. The other night, the DS low beam is out again, no flickering, just out. So I buy a new bulb and I put it in this morning. NOTHING. There still is no power to the light. All others work fine, Highs, lows, and fogs, just the DS low is out.

I begin to check all the fuses/relays and the fuses are good, didnt see relays for headlights, so what the hell could it be? The wiring looks fine, nothing crimped or exposed in the limited amount I could see.

I remember when I was shopping for a TA, one of the vehicle I was looking at, had this exact problem, but it was 3 years older and had higher mileage. The guy said he replaced the sealed beam and the wiring harness, checked all fuses and still couldnt figure it out.

Is this a reoccuring problem? Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Have you tried a test light on the plug to the light see that you have power there?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont have a test light, Ive got a voltmeter, should it be putting out 12V?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

It should be. You can validate by pulling the plug on the other side to confirm. If you are not getting power to the plug then work your way back down the wires and make sure one isn't cut and check the fuses.

Search this Thread