General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Big Bump or Little Bump, Big Rattle

Old 10-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Bump or Little Bump, Big Rattle

Ok excuse the strange thread title.

I am trying to find a rattle. At first I thought it was the sway bar links...I got under the car and checked it out and they seem nice and tight. It seems to be coming from the wheel area. I think it is just driver side but a buddy of mine thinks it is from the passenger side also. I hear it alot say when I hit the deflectors between lanes usually at low speeds, sounds like my car is dropping change or something. I am at a loss, it doesn't matter what speed I am traveling it always sounds the same. I am a little suspension deprived when it comes to knowledge about the subject but I know the sound of bad sway bar links and thats what this sounds like but they look fine.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The worst rattle noise i ever had was when one of the rear shock bushings moved and let the upper stud of the shock rub against the body. We looked for that noise for A LONG TIME till we got smart and removed the shocks.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I know my suspension has to be the cause. I don't think it is an engine mount I just had those fixed. The car has 145k miles and it has held up like a champ. The car is all stock besides the wheels. The noise seems to "move" with the suspension.

Search this Thread