General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is ther some secret to removing and replacing front turn signal housings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is ther some secret to removing and replacing front turn signal housings?

Ok so I bought the clear aftermarket turn signal units and I am trying to take out my old ones. I already have aftermarket clear ones installed that I put it about 5 years ago and they have burnt and cracked so I am replacing them. I remember when I put those in I cracked them which made them leak when I tried to put them in because they are bigger than the space is where they go!!! I removed my headlights to get to them from the top but there is styrofoam for the bumper that is in the way and also some metal bracket where the bumper connects to the frame which is also in the way....IS THERE A SECRET TO GETTING THESE STUPID SUCKERS IN WITHOUT BREAKING STUFF??? How did you get yours in and did you have problems also? There should be an easy way to do it there always is. I didnt know if I should remove some bolts for the bumper to give some room...HELP
Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Remove the flat black plastic panels that are under the bumper, in front of the wheels.

The lights will be easy to access.