General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Brakes????

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes????

Ok, my brakes are all kinds of messed up on my new project. They are hard to push and only the back brakes are working....the peddle is hard to push and the brakes come on real hard very suddenly. I pulled the front lines loose and we couldn't get the first drop of fluid to come out of them, so I pulled the lines loose at the booster and there seemed to be plent of pressure coming out there. Tried blowing air through the lines and it was like the lines were completely blocked, no air would go through, just didn't seem possible that the lines would be so blocked that 175psi wouldn't blow what ever was blocking the lines on through. Maybe something simple, i've worked on brakes some, but im no expert. I messed with it and messed with it and got agrivated. Any ideas??
Old 02-23-2010, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it sounds like a proportioning valve i bad. i will assume you have or still have hooked up the abs, i would have that checked also. if your not sure what your doing, take it to a shop for your safety as well as others. brakes are nothing to mess with, trust me i lost my brakes in one of my chevelles. that was a scary ride home.