General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help! Where is the orifice tube located?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Where is the orifice tube located?

On an ls1 camaro, I've got the accumulator pulled, looking down the line into the evaporator, I don't see anything there. Does someone have a picture of where the orifice tube is located? I tried searching and came up with an old thread but no pictures anymore... I need to get this done tonight and it's after midnight already.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

its located in the evaporator tube...don't have any pics sorry.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

Is there a separate section of hose between the accumulator and the evaporator? I'm at the metal section where the hose from the accumulator goes in the top hole and the one at the condensor goes in the bottom part. Is there a small section of hose behind this that's impossible to get to? I'm looking probably three inches inside there with a flashlight and there is absolutely nothing that looks like an orifice tube...
Old 09-03-2010, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black2000ss
Is there a separate section of hose between the accumulator and the evaporator? I'm at the metal section where the hose from the accumulator goes in the top hole and the one at the condensor goes in the bottom part. Is there a small section of hose behind this that's impossible to get to? I'm looking probably three inches inside there with a flashlight and there is absolutely nothing that looks like an orifice tube...
it should be on the firewall side,tube coming out of heater core/evaporator box.

Quick Reply: Help! Where is the orifice tube located?