General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Windows trouble (not the motor)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Windows trouble (not the motor)

I posted in another thread about how my window would roll down and the side of the window facing the front would just go straight down and not roll back up flush with the door.

So I take the door panel off to see what's going on. First thing I notice when I look through the door is that a little black wheel had come out of it's track. Second thing I notice is at the bottom of the door I see this rubber piece. Not connected to anything, just chillin in my door. So right now I"m clueless as to what I can do to get this thing back together. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Windows trouble (not the motor)-window.jpg   Windows trouble (not the motor)-window2.jpg  
Old 08-13-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So pop the roller back into the track. That rubber piece is the stopper for the bottom of the door. It's what the window rests on when it hits its "all the way down" position.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ this
Old 08-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

BTW - The stopper slides in to a slit cut in the bottom of the door. Take out the door speaker, pop your noggin in there, and you'll see where it goes. (These work their selves out from time to time.)

That roller really can't "come out" unless: (all bad things - so you should do some more investigation)
- Something else in the window mechanism is broken
- Someone took the regulator out and didn't put it back in correctly
- The track is bent
Old 08-14-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I took the track off and it didn't look like it was bent and it had grease on it so I slid the wheel back on and bolted it back up. I looked it over as good as I could and I couldn't see anything else broken. Rolled the window up and down about twenty times and the wheel stayed right on track, didn't even come close to slipping out. I'm still at a loss for what caused it to mess up

Now all I have to do is figure out how and the hell to get that little rod hooked to my door lock.

Last edited by Golf&GM; 08-14-2010 at 06:10 PM.