General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Installed new window motor and found this rubber piece..what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed new window motor and found this rubber piece..what is it?

I was replacing my window motor today, I followed the instructions from shbox.com which is very helpful. Well when I was done I had lost a screw and was trying to find it inside the door when I found whatever it is in the picture I attached. It is a rubber piece that was just laying inside the door on the bottom about 3/4 of the way down the door. Of course I have no idea where it came from or what it is. I am assuming it goes somewhere inside the door but where? Any info would be great.
Attached Thumbnails Installed new window motor and found this rubber piece..what is it?-dscf4247.jpg   Installed new window motor and found this rubber piece..what is it?-dscf4248.jpg  

Last edited by 02SLPTransAm; 09-01-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That's the window stopper. It attaches to the bottom of the door and stops the window from bottoming out.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Spartan7
That's the window stopper. It attaches to the bottom of the door and stops the window from bottoming out.
So the small lip at the bottom of the rubber piece will attach to some hole in the bottom of the door? I am assuming if I feel around down there I'll figure out where it goes? Am I right?

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Take the speaker out and you should be able to see it. It slides into a slot cut in the bottom of the forward part of the door.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wssix99
Take the speaker out and you should be able to see it. It slides into a slot cut in the bottom of the forward part of the door.
Ok thanks, I still have it all apart because I ran out of daylight. I appreciate your help!