General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help with CEL code P1153

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with CEL code P1153

Hello, I was looking for a little help deciphering what is making my car act odd. It's a 2000 Camaro Z28, A4, 98k miles, mods that I think could play a part are simply a SLP MAF, and a Diablosport Predator tune, and the car is cat-less. There are other mods on the car but I doubt they're making an issue. Maintenance on the car since I've owned it (6 months or so) has been tip top.

Symptoms: Slight shuddering when coming to a stop, not from the breaks, from the engine, includes slight rpm drop to about 400 before it stabilizes at 500. I haven't noticed but a buddy told me that lately when I punch it down to WOT a big plume of black smoke comes out the exhaust.

I initially thought it was my fuel pump going out, but the smoke makes me think it's something else. Anyway, I threw a CEL a few days ago and just got around to checking it, it's P1153 "Bank 2 Fuel Control Shifted Lean (FAOSC)". I suspect it has something to do with it.

Any information or experience with this code or what you guys think my issue could be would be very helpful. Thanks so much in advance.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

get rid of the aftermarket MAF sensor!!! bad bad bad...

get a stock MAF back on there... stockers are good for 500+ hp, no need to change it on your car... aftermarkets throw things off...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really? I had no idea, the maf came on the car when I bought it. I'll have to look into getting a stock unit. Thanks for the advice!