General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Slow repitition turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow repitition turn signal

Got bad turn signals, all lights work, when i turn on blinker, green arrow pops up immediately then is stagnate for a while then will blink and so on. Bad relay or fuse? Let me know. Also high beams wont click or turn on or show as on on steeringcolumn may have something to do with it idk
Old 04-26-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

You need a Turn Signal Flasher. As for the High Beam Indicator you might have a bulb out behind the cluster.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:08 PM

I think the high beams clicker went out on the steering column but i dont think thats the problem with the blinker because its blinking in the inside the same rate at the outside. But idk you might be right.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Different issues:
- As said above, you just need a new flasher to fix the turn signal issue. Beware that most stores do not sell the right type. If you want to stick with the thermal flasher, Napa sells them. Otherwise, you'll have to get a more expensive electronic flasher from a larger chain store.

- The high beam selector controls a long push rod that extends down the steering column. Look under the dash panel and see if you can find where that rod contacts the high beam switch. (This document shows the connection at the top of page 45: http://www.diyfiero.com/dropspot/Jaz...ck_Rebuild.pdf) If the rod moves, then you probably just need a new switch. If the rod doesn't move, something is amiss in the column and you will need to rebuild the top end of the column.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:24 PM

thank you, i will be heading to an auto part store tommorow to get a flasher, i dont think there are any Napa's around but ill check. As for the high beams the rod is amiss, i am going to have the top end rebuilt, he says its gunna run me around 150, sound like a good deal? or to pricey. or should i attempt to do it on my own and save a few?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by cspeich2011
thank you, i will be heading to an auto part store tommorow to get a flasher, i dont think there are any Napa's around but ill check. As for the high beams the rod is amiss, i am going to have the top end rebuilt, he says its gunna run me around 150, sound like a good deal? or to pricey. or should i attempt to do it on my own and save a few?
Sounds like a fair price. (I'd charge you more!) If you want to see what's involved, this thread and the link above have all the details: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...mn-repair.html

Quick Reply: Slow repitition turn signal