General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Bell housing leak and pushing through the converter!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bell housing leak and pushing through the converter!

2002 z28. Installed a 3000 fti. Car has a slp lid, long tubes, ory, and the rest of the exhaust. 2.73s as far as I know. I over filled the transmission after install. It started leaking through the bellhousing were it meets the motor. Well I thought I blew the converter seal considering 3 weeks later it is still leaking when I drive. If the car is off, it will not leak. The fluid level on the dipstick never changes though?

Regardless. On motor the car shifts 100% great. When fluid level was too high it shifted like slop.

I went to the 8th mile last night on a 70 shot. The 1st run on spray it hit the bounced off the limiter and didn't want to shift into 3rd. I coasted to a 7.9 at 89. 2nd run near the traps it felt like it was about to the do the same.

This is my 3rd run. We lowered shift mph from 76- 66 or 67mph, pulled 2 degrees from 4000-7000rpms and left line pressure alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKW-hrduNng

On the 2-3 shift you can hear it pushing through the converter pretty good. Trans bell still leaks trans fluid, but my fluid level is perfect when I checked it this morning so idk if there is a corrilation there. I did NOT get a tune after the stall install. Just logged it at the track to see what was happening.

I wish it wouldn't have done this. I feel if timing and shift bs was left alone I could have had a 7.70. It use to trap 91 mph before the stall with me hitting the kit past the 60ft.