General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oil Leaks

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leaks

I have a 97 TA with 60k on it. I've owned the car for a year and a half and the car has been in the shop 10 times! Besides very minor problems (o2 sensor, needed new battery, turn signal switch, horn contact) everything else has been because of different places where the car leaked. I've had it leak from the timing cover bolts, intake manifold and throttle body assembly, oil pan gasket, oil level sensor, front crankshaft seal, crankshaft position sensor. Now I just found out that I need another seal replaced. My mechanic just says that with high rpms oil is going to continue to leak. I'm just wondering if its just a problem of old parts just wearing out or do I have a more serious problem?
Old 09-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

First, the mechanic is yet another one of many who say very stupid things. Engines don't leak because of RPM's......if they did mine would be bone dry as it see's red line almost every day...for the past 10 years.

Maybe someone overheated the **** outta that thing because to have low pressure items like the oil pan gasket, oil level sensor, front crankshaft seal, crankshaft position sensor leaking oil......thats just plain weird......

Maybe you have some insane crankcase pressure going on from a bad ring...........do you have white smoke coming out the tailpipes all the time....????

All you can do is change whatever is leaking and hope it stops. I've never heard of this issue before.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

might be a result of a super high mileage motor... like 300k ish...