General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Factory Service Manual \ Parts Manual Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Factory Service Manual \ Parts Manual Question

I have the FSM's for my 1994 Trans Am. They are great and the exploded views definitely help out when it comes to some of the more intricate repairs. However, I really wish I could figure out where to get the software that the dealer had for my car where you could find a part by clicking a system (i.e. Suspension, Cooling, HVAC, etc.) and bringing up an exploded view. Inevitably, you would be able to click on the little piece you were looking for in the picture and it would give you a PART NUMBER!

It would sure help make my build go a lot quicker/smoother. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Keep searching. There are links somewhere around here for two .pdfs where someone has converted the dealer films. One is for the Camaro and the other for the Firebird - I end up using both sometimes.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Resurrect.

I have called dealerships, searched this forum, searched the web, searched other forums, Googled the hell out of this and to no avail I haven't found much of anything. I did find a software program called ESi that I guess GM used to use but at this point it appears to be owned by AC Delco and you need like secret access codes to use it LOL.

I called up Helm Inc. and talked to them, they told me the only thing they have is the FSM, the Owner's Manual and the Owner's Manual Portfolio.

I know there has to be a software solution in there and @wssix99 you said something about dealer films. This is really what I could use.

I have used shbox.com almost religiously since I started putting my project back together but there are just a couple of things I could use more clarification on. Instead of asking questions on the forums over and over again, I would rather just get my hands on this information first hand.

Does anyone know where to find software or documents pertaining to layouts, diagrams, routing schematics for these cars? PDF's of Dealer Films would be great. I also saw a post around talking about two blue manuals, one for the engine, another for the transmission. And in the same post they talked about the car having 3 books for the shop manual set. I only have two, and they say one of two and two of two.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:27 PM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can purchase your own subsricption to AC Delco TDS

https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/home

You should be able to get a 3 day access for $20.
Then be prepaired to download a crapload of stuff.

Now for the part number deal=IMO not gonna happen.
That is proprietary GM to service dealer systems.
It is constantly updating parts & numbers.
Lots of times AC delco likes to change the part # along with the price same part/or updated part.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Save the manuals!

Its here: http://camaroforums.com/forum/4th-ge...-128-mb-25609/

The second Camaro link and the Firebird link still work.

You'll want to download both the Camaro and Firebird lists as some of the part numbers are hard to read in the Firebird version and some cross referencing is needed. These come from the dealer parts info, but the two were produced at different times. I think the Camaro version is off of early data that is missing some details - so some of the parts may only show up in the Firebird version.

I did a 3 day description to TDS as wrencher suggests. Lots of good info there, like TSB's which you can save off to your computer when you no longer have access.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

So I ended up purchasing TDS and all they had were campaigns and bulletins. These were of minimal value to me and I am in the midst of waiting to hear back if they are going to refund me my money. They said it is against policy but since my vehicle is not covered they might make a special exception. Unfortunately, what is available on TDS for my 1994 Firebird is NOT what I am looking for. Apparently, DVD's were available for my year and most 90's vehicles. I am going to have to hunt these bad boys down because I feel like hope is running out here. I will also D/L the PDFs that wssix99 posted.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
TECH Regular

@wssix99 THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

That was a lot but I mean those PDF's.... EXACTLY what I was looking for!!!!!!!

I can finally route these damn brake lines.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by LT1FirebirdSLP
So I ended up purchasing TDS and all they had were campaigns and bulletins. These were of minimal value to me and I am in the midst of waiting to hear back if they are going to refund me my money. They said it is against policy but since my vehicle is not covered they might make a special exception. Unfortunately, what is available on TDS for my 1994 Firebird is NOT what I am looking for. Apparently, DVD's were available for my year and most 90's vehicles. I am going to have to hunt these bad boys down because I feel like hope is running out here. I will also D/L the PDFs that wssix99 posted.
You won't get your money back but I highly recommend taking advantage or the TDS. Open up the TSB's for your model year and download them. You'll never know when you'll need them! Plus, when all on your computer, you can do a text search of the directory and easily find if any TSB's apply to a problem you are tracking down. (You won't be able to efficiently use the web or other tools to do this.)
Old 10-18-2011, 10:16 PM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should also be the full service information in there along with the TSB's?

I dont know they change this site constantly, have few different access options as well.
I have an account thru the shop so I see their whole site.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.alldatadiy.com/ sells cheap subscriptions, they include pretty much the whole service manual in computer browseable form.

Quick Reply: Factory Service Manual \ Parts Manual Question