General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Passenger side headlight/high beam don't work in the rain

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Passenger side headlight/high beam don't work in the rain

Have a strange problem.. everytime it rains, my passenger side headlight and high beam stop working. As soon as it dries out, they work again. Im assuming it has something to do with a connection getting wet, but I wasn't able to find it. Any ideas?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The light connection happens in side the headlight motor connector. That would be the first place to look/test.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wssix99
The light connection happens in side the headlight motor connector. That would be the first place to look/test.
Ive played with all the visible connections with no success, but I haven't had a chance to check it with the multi-meter. It has to be a connection that controls both high and low since they are both out.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a similar issue a few years ago. It actually turned out to be the ground pin in the harness. It is the large harness down behind your marker light. I think it is a 6 pin harness? Big anyway. My ground was corroded completely in the harness. Bad enough that the rust dust and a partial pin fell out when I took it apart. I just repined the harness but don't remember where I got them.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Breathing Fire
I had a similar issue a few years ago. It actually turned out to be the ground pin in the harness. It is the large harness down behind your marker light. I think it is a 6 pin harness? Big anyway. My ground was corroded completely in the harness. Bad enough that the rust dust and a partial pin fell out when I took it apart. I just repined the harness but don't remember where I got them.
Ok i'll haven't checked that harness. Might be a a little while before I can get in there.

Quick Reply: Passenger side headlight/high beam don't work in the rain