General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Right turn indicator light stays on in dash...

Old 05-29-2011, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right turn indicator light stays on in dash...

Hi All,

When I turned my head lights on or they turn on automatically my right turn indicator light in the dash stays lite. My turn indicators work fine and the dash lights blink correctly when engaged. It's just that the turn light stays lite on the dash.

Any ideas? Could this just be that I need a new turn indicator blinker? Where are they located on these cars?

I bought the car this way so I have no idea what the previous owner did to it...
Old 05-29-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had an issue with mine also, It was the turn signal flasher. It is located directly to the right of the steering column under the dash. It is kind of hard to find because it is fairly hard to see, but just look for wires coming out of it and you'll find it.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler_PinkertonZ28
I had an issue with mine also, It was the turn signal flasher. It is located directly to the right of the steering column under the dash. It is kind of hard to find because it is fairly hard to see, but just look for wires coming out of it and you'll find it.
Dido my 93 did that.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:14 AM
Teching In

When that happens to me the correlating bulb is burnt out.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

after searching through many threads this one seems to be the most relevant. i seem to be having the same issue, where everything is normal until my headlights are on, then the left indicator stays lit on the dash. the signals still work when this is going on, but the left front is noticeably more dim than the passenger side. it still makes the clicking turn signal sound, the socket is relatively new, and all bulbs are good. does this still sound like it could be the flasher? everything technically functions normally on the outside of the car, but that green light is annoying when the headlights are on. thanks in advance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Right turn indicator light stays on in dash...