General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

oil pan gasket question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question oil pan gasket question

I havent done a whole lot of research or actually looking at the room i have or not. So I need to do the oil pan gasket on my 99 camaro z28 m6 is there enough room to change the gasket with the engine still in the car and are there any hidden problems I may have or any tips you might have, thanks.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99camaro5.7
I havent done a whole lot of research or actually looking at the room i have or not. So I need to do the oil pan gasket on my 99 camaro z28 m6 is there enough room to change the gasket with the engine still in the car and are there any hidden problems I may have or any tips you might have, thanks.
Service procedure calls for you to use engine support on the top of the engine and lower the engine cradle with adjustable jack stands after removing bolts to left and right engine mounts to cradle, also remove left and right lower shock bolts, remove your starter (be sure battery disconnected, first step), few more things you will see to disconnect then loosen cradle bolts three or four turns and lower cradle with jack stands. Now should have drained your oil and your ready to disconnect connector to oil level sensor in side of oil pan, remove oil pan bolts and try to gain clearance to remove pan.

Chris
Old 02-07-2012, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

That's what I was afraid of oh well its gotta be done. Thanks for te help

Quick Reply: oil pan gasket question