General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

02 Transam Hard Ride and Squeak???

Old 03-27-2012, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 02 Transam Hard Ride and Squeak???

OK so I recently instlaled a new ford 9" and since then I seem to have a hard ride, i replaced my rear shocks with Koni Sa`s but I think one is blown since I have this horid squeaking and I have checked everything including control arms etc. When I bounce the back of the car on that side I hear the squeak. That being said Im thinking at this point I need to also replace my Rear springs, what do you think?
Old 04-01-2012, 03:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree its possibly shock issue. squeak could be coming from several places. you made sure you greased everything on assembly? reinstalled spring isolators? my rear does the same after bout 3 months on prokit install. ill be installing konis soon
Old 04-01-2012, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything was greased when the rear was put in, not sure if they put the isolators in though. Any way I can check? Do you have pics of what they look like on?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The isolator is a piece of rubber that goes between the spring and the body of the car, you should be able to see it just by getting under the rear of the car. Should look something like this:

As for rough ride, since you added unsprung weight with the rear end you want more compression dampening to deal with it, look at some Koni DA's for your rear (and if you want good ride quality stay away from non-gas charged drag shocks like QA1s, strange, afco etc.)
As for the squeak it could be many things, even the exhaust. Loosen some parts like the LCA's and PHB and bounce the car again and see if its still there. See if anything is rubbing against the rear like the brake lines or exhaust. Also check to see if the springs are moving where they sit on the axle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 Transam Hard Ride and Squeak???