General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Top of intake covered in water?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top of intake covered in water?!?!?!

I noticed the other day when I washed my car that where the 2 piece plastic trim at the bottom of the windshield that has the weather stip on it that seals the hood when you shut it pours water on top of my intake. The weather stip itself is not leaking, but if you pop your hood and look at that plastic trim where the to pieces meet in the middle and it has a pop rivet there, if you pour water on the pastic trim on the bac k side of the weather striping closest to the windshield you can see the water drain out unthe the pastic trim on what looks like a little metal lip and it goes right on top of the itake and pools around the injectors. IS THIS NORMAL?!?!?!?! Pontiac dealership told me today thats just the way it was designed to drain that way but I don't believe it. So tey are telling me when I wash it its normal for the water to run all over the intake and down the motor?!?! Yeah right!!! How can I fox this or are they right and this is normal and I should have an inch of water pooled at every injector after every wash or rain shower...........
Old 04-16-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats how some of our cars "mysteriously" hydrolock on their own. heads up get it modified to fix it!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this IS normal is what your saying??? How can I fix it? Should I just put a bead of silicone there???
Old 04-17-2012, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My car does it. I would imagine silicon would work you would just need to do it around the entire area where it meets the windshield