General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help fast!! Ls6 intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help fast!! Ls6 intake swap

Ok so I took my ls1 intake manifold off and broke the oil pressure sending unit and also realized that a little black plastic vacuum hose thing that I believe was for my egr is broken..is this a problem..and don't worry as far as the oil pressure unit will be replaced today..just wondering if I'll have any issues with that vacuum line..

Thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Failed to mention I swapped to some pacesetter lt's and am not running any egr
Old 04-17-2012, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

I honestly don't know about problems it will give you, but I changed my intake this weekend and ran into the same problem, I went ahead and bought some fuel line hose, clamps, and a "T" at the local parts store.

The hose runs from the driver side valve cover then goes to a "T" or "Y" and splits into two lines. One line (a short one) goes to a fitting on the back of the passenger side valve cover, and the other line (the actual PCV valve goes into this one) goes to a fitting on the front of the intake itself. There is also one separate line (it's probably still in good shape) that goes from the throttle body to a fitting on the front of the passenger side valve cover.

I would also make sure to get the different pcv valve other than the one that came with your car (part#1009 at auto zone)

heres some extra info in a thread I started asking about the PCV system.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...em-pieces.html

I removed my entire old PCV system and replaced it this way, it's cheap and easy. There are a lot of routes to go, this is just the quickest way to get you up and running
Old 04-18-2012, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If you have a broken PCV hose then what he said. If you mean one of the 1/8" plastic vac lines that tee into the connector on the back of the intake, then one goes to the AIR control solenoid (drivers side), and one goes to HVAC control (pass. side).
Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

Quick Reply: Need help fast!! Ls6 intake swap