General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How to access TA fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default How to access TA fog lights?

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to change out the fog lights on my 02 TA, but I'm stuck before I even got started. How the hell do I even get access to these. Do I remove the windshield washer reservoir? I tried from underneath and that seemed even more impossible. Which way is the way to go?
Thanks for your input
Old 04-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Underneath. It was a pain too. Remove the pushpins holding the lower end of the bumper and there's also a black access panel held on with 10mm bolts that needs to be undone as well. Then you can reach up and get at the foglight. If it's just the bulb you're replacing, it shouldn't be that hard. If you need to remove the entire foglight then it'll take some wiggling, angling, twisting and all that. But make sure you remove the bulb before removing the entire assembly. It would likely be cake if you removed the entire front bumper, but who wants to do that?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wanting to do hid change on my fogs, sounds like I need to rethink things
Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Elthesh
Underneath. It was a pain too. Remove the pushpins holding the lower end of the bumper and there's also a black access panel held on with 10mm bolts that needs to be undone as well. Then you can reach up and get at the foglight. If it's just the bulb you're replacing, it shouldn't be that hard. If you need to remove the entire foglight then it'll take some wiggling, angling, twisting and all that. But make sure you remove the bulb before removing the entire assembly. It would likely be cake if you removed the entire front bumper, but who wants to do that?
It shouldn't be that hard. If it is, you just need to get a little dirty.

If you lay on the ground on your back and use the access doors, you should have a clean shot at the assemblies sockets, bulbs, etc. I replaced my fog lights in less than 3 minutes. There's just 2 or 3 nuts holding the entire assembly to the bumper.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did it from the top. Take the 4 plastic rivets off the washer fluid reservoir and it will move down and you can move it from side to side. Still kind of a tight fit but alot better than crawling underneath and getting dirt/grime all in your eyes. Plus, I have monkey hands lol...