General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

leaky radiator

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaky radiator

Hey guys I'm new here and I've got a few questions for y'all. I've got a 2000 3.8 v6 firebird and I'm having problems with the radiator. First of all there is never an overheating problem with the car... But the coolant has recently been flushed because it was muddy and old. After the flush I have been noticing it has been loosing coolant constantly. Then I noticed that fluid starts squirting out of the plastic ends of the radiator on the drivers side? It's a very significant amount. So I guessed I need a new radiator, but will a cheap replacement be the exact same? I'm not sure if my car has a transmission cooler inside the stock radiator, so I'm not sure what radiator I need to get. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you see two ports on the passengers side plastic tank, on the back of it....you have the cooler.

You could take the radiator to a shop to have new plastic tanks put on. But I'd just get a new one, they are cheap. Like under $100.

Try rockauto.com ................ Spectra....$95.00

Old 04-28-2012, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks and sorry for the late reply. It looks like I have a trans cooler, do you know if the spectra radiator has one?

Edit: the spectra does come with a trans oil cooler

Last edited by Y87bird00; 04-29-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Researched