General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Loud Creaking Noise when Turning Left

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud Creaking Noise when Turning Left

Hey everyone, well I'v tried searching the problem but nothing was useful. I have this really loud creaking noise coming from somewhere in my suspension when I turn left. Im not sure what it is, has anyone ever had this problem?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Check swaybar bushings and LCA bushings.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

wanna bump this cuz i just started having a similar issue. i put new endlinks on and it makes noises turning left. i left one bushing off the bottom of each link to get the bolt on the top since there was hardly enough thread to get the bolt on top would this cause it? it sounds as if the links are moving
Old 07-13-2012, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98PurpleF-Bird
Hey everyone, well I'v tried searching the problem but nothing was useful. I have this really loud creaking noise coming from somewhere in my suspension when I turn left. Im not sure what it is, has anyone ever had this problem?
Ball joints? When they dry up they can get pretty loud.

Originally Posted by mjs1012
wanna bump this cuz i just started having a similar issue. i put new endlinks on and it makes noises turning left. i left one bushing off the bottom of each link to get the bolt on the top since there was hardly enough thread to get the bolt on top would this cause it? it sounds as if the links are moving
I doubt that was a good idea. It is easiest to install the endlinks with the suspension loaded (i.e. wheels on the ground). I know it sounds crazy. But if you jack the car up to install them it can be a pain to get the nuts on with all the bushings. Sometimes you can take some channel locks and compress the bushings enough to get them started, but i think you are supposed to tighten them down with the suspension loaded.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I figured it out yesterday. I had the suspension loaded with the front on ramps and put the other bushing in. Had to compress the hell out of it all to get the nut on but were all good now.

Quick Reply: Loud Creaking Noise when Turning Left