General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

93 z28 wont start after electical surge

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 93 z28 wont start after electical surge

93 z28 A4. Had an electrical surge pop 5 fuses, and fried my aftermarket alarm box brain. Alarm system has been discontinued and just found a replacement Audiovox/Presitge APS750. When I turn the key to the on position my SES, Check Gauges light appear, my fuel pump primes, and the low oil light comes and goes. Also i have no security light on. When the key is turned to the start/crank position the starter does not engage, no click, or ticks dead silent. I have pulled the steering column and pulled my ignition switch, it appears fine. I have replaced my starter enable relay behind the glove compartment. I did manage to run a hot wire from my + terminal from the battery to the #30 pin on the starter relay and I got the starter to roll the engine that way. Before I pulled the ignition switch I turned the headlights on and noticed they did not dim at all when I attempted to start the car. My VATS has been bypassed with a resistor spliced into the harness coming off the steering column. I have been able to rule many things out using the search function, just cant get power to my starter relay. Then only other thing I know of is the Neutral safety switch. Any other potential checks would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Changed ignition switch to no avail.