General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC only though floor and defroster

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC only though floor and defroster

Anyone have any ideas why my air seems to be stuck on defrost and floor? I am not getting any air out of the main vents since its gotten warm again.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

just found a thread that suggests a vacuum issue. I will repost here if I cannot fix the issue
Old 05-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Teching In

can u link that thread cause im having the same issue and i'd like to read up on it.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You guys need to check the little black plastic "T" valve over by the PCM. make sure the vacuum lines are on tight.

If they look good.....then the vacuum line that attaches to the back of the intake may have fallen off. Its a bitch to reach, but you can if you lay across the engine and feel back there for it. It goes from that "T" valve and pushes onto the little port towards the drivers side. The port itself points directly to the passengers side.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS6427
You guys need to check the little black plastic "T" valve over by the PCM. make sure the vacuum lines are on tight.

If they look good.....then the vacuum line that attaches to the back of the intake may have fallen off. Its a bitch to reach, but you can if you lay across the engine and feel back there for it. It goes from that "T" valve and pushes onto the little port towards the drivers side. The port itself points directly to the passengers side.

I started behind the intake and chased the lines to the firewall. Found one broken beside the PCM so I got about an inch of rubber hose and reconnected it. Problem solved!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Teching In

do u have a picture of it by any chance? cause i seriously dont know what im supposed to be looking for. noob here...i dont even know what that firewall ur talking about looks like
Old 05-12-2012, 12:41 AM
TECH Resident

the firewall is the piece of metal at the back of the engine separating the engine compartment from the passenger compartment. I dont have a picture but the lines are black, hard plastic (why they break), and run from the back, top, center of the engine (intake) over toward the passenger side of the car, and enter in the firewall just to the right of the pcm (at the base of the windshield to the right of where all the wires go)