General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Calling all techs!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all techs!

Ok so here we go....I put an LS1 from a 2000 Z28 into a 95 Z28. Amazingly, being it is my first time, everything went flawlessly, (Thanks to this site). Now I am running into a problem with my O2 sensors. The engine is straight stock except for the LT headers. I am utilizing the rear o2 wiring by repinning it in the harness connector.

I am getting o134,5 , 0154,5 codes. In the past I have gotten 0133 and 0153 high return. Seems like an intermittent problem. At one time the left bank sensor was not throwing a code at all. I am also getting 0327 front knock low return. ( I assume that is being set off by the way the engine runs after warmup.) I have pulled the harness and gone through it and see no breaks. I also rung out all connectors with my probe. No shorts.

When I drive it it runs fine until warmup when the O2 sensors come into play. Then it surges and runs like crap. Like it is out of gas. I have checked for leaking injectors and they are fine.

Any chance this is a tuning issue due to the o2 sensors being placed further back due to the LT headers?

I am pretty much a newb being this is my first swap ever so feel free to chime in. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mike
Old 05-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Launching!

do you have a scanner? are you able to check fuel trims and O2 readings? i have LT headerds with the O2 extensions i havent had any problems
Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

I just ordered the blue tooth interface and will be using the android torque app. I'm pretty sure it shows everything that's going on with the computer. I'll post that info when I get it. That should give me a better idea on what direction to go. I was planning on getting it tuned but was making sure all the kinks were out before I took it in. Then I read a post that led me to believe it could be a lot to do with the toon so I figured it's one of those chicken or egg type deals.

Thanks for the info will keep you posted!