General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Why cant the autoparts store or Gm dealer help me with this code?...

Old 06-19-2012, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why cant the autoparts store or Gm dealer help me with this code?...

My ride has been running just fine, and have not noticed any different going on. Last night i went to put some gas in it since it was almost below the E mark.
It was the first time it had turn on all in a couple of days... Then my heart drops! My engine light is on, and it was too late to get it looked at in our local autoparts store.

So today I took my car and got the codes... Total of three.

1. P0135, Possible cause, O2 sensor defective, poor connection at 02 sensor, and check circuit fuse.

The other two, is where the problem starts. Did some research online and this is what i found.

2. B0036 ADS Open/Missing/Shorted to Battery

3. B0041 LF/Driver Side Deployment Loop Open.

I called a Gm dealer and the shop forman does not know what these codes are, and autozn just looked stupid when i asked about em.

Can some one help me figure out what the codes 2 and 3 are... Also, where do i find the O2 sensor fuse?

Thanks guys!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
My ride has been running just fine, and have not noticed any different going on. Last night i went to put some gas in it since it was almost below the E mark.
It was the first time it had turn on all in a couple of days... Then my heart drops! My engine light is on, and it was too late to get it looked at in our local autoparts store.

So today I took my car and got the codes... Total of three.

1. P0135, Possible cause, O2 sensor defective, poor connection at 02 sensor, and check circuit fuse.

The other two, is where the problem starts. Did some research online and this is what i found.

2. B0036 ADS Open/Missing/Shorted to Battery

3. B0041 LF/Driver Side Deployment Loop Open.

I called a Gm dealer and the shop forman does not know what these codes are, and autozn just looked stupid when i asked about em.

Can some one help me figure out what the codes 2 and 3 are... Also, where do i find the O2 sensor fuse?

Thanks guys!
Shop foreman was hopefully being lazy and lied. Employees at autozone are not required and most do not possess the knowledge to help.

Those codes are for the airbag system.

The 36 code is telling you that there is a problem in the ADS 'Airbag Discriminating Sensor' system.

The 41 code is telling you that it will be the crash sensor or sensor circuit on the drivers side.

Your possibilities are the sensor being bad, pinched wire or a short of sorts. There is also a module under the center console of our f-bodys that is the 'Brain' of the air bag system. Have you worked with anything around those locations?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

I recently installed my long tubes and ory... Also removed the egr system, and thats about it.

Where should i start looking?.

I have no idea on how to begin...
Old 06-19-2012, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

I'm not exactly sure how the wires are routed, but I would start visually checking any and all wiring harnesses for obvious damage.

A quick search of google found nothing about the placement of the sensor in question.

I wish I had a shop manual. You may want to call back to a GM dealer and ask them where that sensor is located.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:29 PM
STF Veteran

on the P code, check the operation of the oxygen sensors if you can access a snap on scan tool or equivalent. Verify they switch from greater than 800 mv to less than 200 mv, then back above 800mv. If this is not the case, verify there is no vacuum leak causing a lean condition or sensor value to go low or leaking injector causing a rich condition or the injector value to go high. If there is no other reason for the oxygen sensor values, replace the oxygen sensor.

on the B codes, check the wiring harness and make sure you don't have any obvious signs of wiring damage, if not then i would probably go with replace the air bag module
Old 06-19-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The b0036 and b0041 are not valid codes for your car.
Get it rechecked
Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

I have no airbags, isnt one of the codes for the airbags? One thing that is still on, is the airbag light.

Why do you say those codes are not valid for my vehicle.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

bump........
Old 06-25-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have no airbags then theres why that code popped up. You had air bags from the factory. So if you don't have them now your air bag module freaks out. Not 100% about ADS, but since its a body code I'd think its SIR (airbag) related.... The P0135 sounds like an 02 sensor. Make sure the headers didnt burn into the wire and the connector is on. If not, replace it. I like using OEM. I've had a lotta problems with aftermarket 02 sensors causing goofy 02 codes (innsuff. heater circuit resistance, low performance even when new, etc).

I'd like to add a lotta guys on here unfortunately have really poor dealerships around them. After reading some repair threads I'm surprised some of those dealers service dept are still in business. /highhorseminirant

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why cant the autoparts store or Gm dealer help me with this code?...