General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Why do my (trans am) head lights turn on when the dash/running lights come on?

Old 07-28-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Why do my (trans am) head lights turn on when the dash/running lights come on?

had this problem after going to the track last night. Anytime you turn the headlight switch to just turn the dash lights on the head lights come up. Even if the car is shut off and you unlock or lock the car with the keyfob when the dashlights flash along with the outside lights when it locks and unlocks the head lights turn on then off. Anyone had this problem?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a grinding sound from the headlights as they go up and down?
Probably a worn out gear in one or both of the motors (which ever one is grinding)

You can replace the gear itself with a brass one for about $45 or get a refurbished motor from Autozone with lifetime warranty for about $60-70 (you have to return your broken one)
Old 07-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Mine does the same, in my 2000 ws6 this wouldnt happend but in my 2002 it does and I dont know if its normal.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

I had this problem when I first got my t/a and It turned out to be corrosion in the headlight wiring harness , pop the harness off and see if is, I cleaned mine with battery terminal cleaner and no more problems.

Search this Thread