General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help with blinkers. Getting frustrated. Please help before I flip this car over.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Need help with blinkers. Getting frustrated. Please help before I flip this car over.

Ok, if I flip the turn signal either way the green arrow on the dash just stays on. No blinking at all on either one. Hazzards work. I found the turn signal flasher and it has power and power going to it. When I move the switch, nothing happens. The hazzard flasher will switch from power to ground when the switch is activated on the steering column.

So, im not getting the ground to the flasher for the turn signals. Where does this come from? Any ideas on why my turn signals arent working?

BTW I just replaced ALL of the bulbs with brand new ones to rule that out.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Isn't there one of those flasher modules under the dash? I seem to remember replacing mine once years ago? part 68 in this image. Gm part number is 10041074

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssem...modelYear=1999
Old 07-10-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah sounds like the flasher that's on the right side of the steering column under the dash. i had to trace the wires for mine down to almost behind the stereo. somehow it fell off the place it was clipped to. there are 2 seperate flashers, one for hazards and one for blinkers. the blinkers one is the one on the right side of the column.