General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car will not run

Old 07-22-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car will not run

ok guys plz help me i have 2 problems i have a 2000 ws6 and it has set for a month with out driving it so i went to start it up and it started right up no problem i put it in gear (six speed car) and it dies looked at voltmeter and other gauges 9v so i started it again and let it idle put n reverse pulled out moved foward turned the wheel dies does the car need to relearn the adaptive strategy

2nd problem aafter i got the car to run i put fresh fuel in it changed oil and fuel filter bleed clutch and brakes, i drove it around pulled into a resturant got a bite to eat returned to car and it has a long extended crank after sitting for a hour
Old 07-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Clean the MAF. Possibly needs new spark plugs. I'd check for codes even if the SES light is not on. Maybe an issue with the IAC valve.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok the car has a rough idle also you can feel it in he stick also im going to be cleaninf maf and possibly doing exhaust but would like to fix the problem before anything else happens checked for codes nothing none pending live data shows nothing abnormal so i will start with the basics fuel, spark and air

Search this Thread