General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ac compressor clutch coil????

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ac compressor clutch coil????

Ok guys i just finished gettin the ac system charged on my ls1/240sx. every part is new. new xpansion valve, new condensor/drier, new lines, using pcm to control and high pressure transducer.

for the first two days the system ran great! super cold.

today the clutch wont kick on at all. system pressure is good. Im very good at testing circuits and here is what i hvae come up with.

since this is a swap my system is setup just like an ls1 system. i have a ac request button in the dash. this is sent to ecu and the ecu is then wired up to a relay and status to switch the relay on.

everything works fine. when the car is running and i press the ac button the relay turns on.
all relay points show good. 12v where there should be, ecu is grounding out the relay also.

i have 12v power at the connector for the compressor!!! and the ground there is good. but the clutch will not kick on. I cant jump the compressor directly b/c the connector is so close to fame rail i cant see to put some jumper wires on.

here is what im thinking... all pressure reading are good, if anything was off the ecu would not allow the relay to turn on hence giving me a good 12v at the connector. so im thinking everything in the system is working fine. its just the clutch coil is not energizing..

now i can spin the clutch freely with the car off. so its not locked up. But i did notice my thermostat was leaking coolant from underneath.. This was then dripping onto the top of the compressor and dripping from bottom.

what do you guys think? i have tested everything. like i said if pressure was not right the ecu should not turn on the clutch relay. clutch relay is working so pressure and system is good. im thinkin maybe leaking coolant damaged compressor???

is still spins freely?

whats everyone opinions? need new compressor and fix thermostat housing leak?
Old 08-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PRoblem solved. One of pins inside harness connector was bent back not making good connection when plugged into compressor. Bent it back and it works. Need to find online where to buy new pig tail