General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP! car wont start after BCM fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! car wont start after BCM fix

Well i did this fix once before where you add solder to the "T" on the body control module to fix the windows/radio randomly cutting out. It started doing it again so in the process of fixing it again i accidently let the line of solder i was using touch the BCM and i heard a pop(of course like a true dumbass i didnt disconnect the battery first). I put everything back in place and now i cant start the car. When i try i hear two quick clicks that soung like they're coming from around the fuse box in the engine bay.

The radio and windows will work until i try to start it. Horn works. The fuel pump primes. The power door locks/keyless entry remote doesnt work. also the door dinger doesnt work. The security light is not on or flashing at any point.

I've checked my fuses related to starting and ignition. Do i need to buy a new BCM? or it is something else? i dont know what else to check. If i try putting in my buddies BCM in from his 95 formula that would just be a waste of time right since its already programmed to his key?

Yes im stupid and i need help fixing this. Im so pissed off at myself right now. Please help me

Last edited by BadBirdie; 08-20-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Did you check your fuses?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Launching!

I've checked all fuses in side of dash and in engine bay fuse block
Old 08-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

if you can get a scanner , try to connect to the BCM . If fuse is ok and no communication you need to stop at your local gm dealer!