General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Trans am DRL issues on FR

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans am DRL issues on FR

So for the longest time i wondered why i always seen other firebirds with a drl out. Now i know why. Damnit, so i replaced the bulb housing an sealed the leak now that its all wired up an has been working without blowing a bulb. Now MY PROBLEM IS THE DRL WORKS WHEN CAR IS STARTED AN THE LIGHTS ARE TURNED ON ONE SWITCH WITH THE FOG LIGHTS. BUT WHEN CLICKED OVER TWICE SO THE HEADLIGHTS WILL COME ON THE DRL THAT WAS REPLACED GOES OUT AN ONLY WORKS WHEN TURNSIGNAL IS ACTIVATED. THE OTHER DRL IS ALWAYS ON AN IS ALWAYS WORKING PROPERLY. I know somebody has the answer plz reply.An yes its wired right i read the directions next reply.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

When YOU have THIS problem, DO both SIDES go OUT?

FYI - You HAVE two FILAMENTS in EACH light BULB:
- ONE is FOR the DRL and THE turn SIGNALS/hazards (WHEN you TURN on THE parking LIGHTS or HEADLIGHTS, the DRL filament TURNS off.)
- ONE is FOR the PARKING lights (WHEN you TURN on THE parking LIGHTS or HEADLIGHTS, this FILAMENT comes ON.)
Old 11-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No only the front right side goes out when the car is on before i turn any lights on there both on. When i turn the headlights on only the right side goes out the left side stays on. both turn signals always work.

Originally Posted by wssix99
When YOU have THIS problem, DO both SIDES go OUT?

FYI - You HAVE two FILAMENTS in EACH light BULB:
- ONE is FOR the DRL and THE turn SIGNALS/hazards (WHEN you TURN on THE parking LIGHTS or HEADLIGHTS, the DRL filament TURNS off.)
- ONE is FOR the PARKING lights (WHEN you TURN on THE parking LIGHTS or HEADLIGHTS, this FILAMENT comes ON.)
Old 11-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6_NC88
When i turn the headlights on only the right side goes out the left side stays on. both turn signals always work.
Both sides should stay on. They just flip from one filament to the other.

So, it sounds like you either have a bad bulb on the right side or a socket issue over there.

Quick Reply: Trans am DRL issues on FR