General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Cammed 01 Weird Issue... Stumped

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cammed 01 Weird Issue... Stumped

The car about a month ago had the battery die out on me. So I went to get a charge and found out the battery is fine. I then suspected the alternator. As I was looking for a replacement. A week later the cars battery was dead again when I was leaving to work in the morning. I went to have it charged again and when I put the battery in the car started sputtering and wouldnt hold idle.

I removed the alternator with the battery and had it tested at Autozone and it passed. I brought the battery and alternator back and installed both of them and cleaned the power steering fluid that had leaked onto the alternator off of the exciter wire and fired it back up.

First the car acted normally then it died out and the service vehicle light came on. Then i cranked the engine and it wouldnt fire until 15 seconds later when i started to give it some gas. When it fired up i noticed the rpm guage and voltage fell to zero even though the car was still on. When i let go of the gas and the car died I noticed my guages are all bouncing slightly and I can hear a faint ticking sound. WTF

I also noticed my ground strap that connects to the block on the driver side was broken off...

Could any of this be because of the alternator or a bad crank sensor or a bad cam sensor?? Need some help asap this is my DD

Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Banned

Did you fix the ground strap yet?
Old 11-23-2012, 01:09 AM
Staging Lane

Turned out that pesky ground strap was causing all of my symptoms.

Quick Reply: Cammed 01 Weird Issue... Stumped