General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Electrical Problem???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problem???

Hello all i am new to the LS Tech site... i just bought a 1998 WS6 and when i bought it the guy said that the rear end was going out but i didnt mind since i was just gonna put a bigger gear in it..... well when i got home i inspected it a little more and for some odd reason all 4 of my lights are on low beams and highs...i looked in the car and the brights are stuck on.....now the turn signal switch is broken ... you can use the wipers and turn signals but its like im missing a piece on the back that holds the switch in place so i cant turn it off.......is there an easier way to turn off the high beams without buying a new switch????....3 of my head lights are dem and 1 is brights..... i bought new bulbs and its stillt he same problem... the switch....any advice???
Old 02-16-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

you could rig a switch and all that crap, but why not just replace the switch and be done with it?
Old 02-16-2013, 06:15 PM

I just wasnt sure how hard it was to replace....I was told I had to take the whole steering column out?.....
Old 02-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kcole0587
I just wasnt sure how hard it was to replace....I was told I had to take the whole steering column out?.....
You do have to take the column out and be very careful in doing it. I just pulled mine out. There is a write up on here. You don't have to remove the whole column, but you will need to disconnect battery, airbag, remove wheel, and a few pins and connectors. Not too bad.

Quick Reply: Electrical Problem???