General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Burnt up a couple wires.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burnt up a couple wires.

When I was changing my plugs on the passenger side, I noticed a two small wires wrapped in a heat shield that were burnt through because they had been sitting on a header primary.

It's just two wires one green the other is a tan color. There is a connection that is right at the bottom by the header and runs to the back of the car. When I started the car again my ABS INOP and ASR OFF lights came on.

What are the wires? I'm assuming they're something to do with traction control.

I cut off the same wires and connector off a junk yard car so that I can splice them together I'm just wondering if a splice in the line will cause the current in them to get messed up . I always get a headache when I'm working on wiring stuff so any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure what they are without more research, but splicing them is fine. Just do it right, wrap them well, and try to keep them away from the exhaust.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those wires likely lead to the abs sensors on your hubs. I've had to fix this twice and finally extended and rerouted the cable a different way.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Alex L.
Those wires likely lead to the abs sensors on your hubs. I've had to fix this twice and finally extended and rerouted the cable a different way.
Where did you reroute them? I have them zip tied to another group of wires and they seem to stay in place.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda hard to describe but I tried through the back of the engine and down behind the heat shields and over the y-pipe. Will have to wait to see if it withstands the test of time.

Quick Reply: Burnt up a couple wires.