General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Removing body wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing body wiring harness

I'm trying to remove the body wiring harness at the driver side firewall right next to the brake booster. It's a gray/black connector and looks like it should unplug there but I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to break anything.

I'm going to try to reroute the harness out of sight to clean up the engine bay durring my swap.

Thanks for any help!!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That's not a plug. The engine bay and interior I/P harnesses are connected by a large rectangular plug next to the steering column. You can see it on the left as soon as you take off the knee bolster, it has a single hex bolt in the middle. Loosen the bolt and pull the connector apart.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

Ok it looks like a plug but i knew I wasn't doing something right. So I can take it apart my the column and feed it back in to the engine bay from there?

Just want to re route it out of sight. And cut out the circuits I won't be using.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There's the big connector I mentioned, and a couple others that you'll have to disconnect. I think one is the cruise cancel switch, another was connected to a box tucked up under the dash. It's been a while, you'll just have to look around.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

Ya I've got it all out now. Found one connector that was starting to melt from a bad connection. Ill get the wiring diagrams out and start sorting through it!

Quick Reply: Removing body wiring harness