General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Whats up with my key fob?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Whats up with my key fob?

Fellas,

Hopefully you guys can help me out. My one and only key fob for my Ws6 finally went to crap. None of the buttons work. So i lock the car from the inside, and have to hurry and start the car before alarm goes off.. Pretty annoying..

So i picked up a new battery from autozone. It worked fine, then when i got home, same thing. It pretty doesnt work.

Just wondering if anybody had any tips on how to fix it without heading to the dealership. Thanks..
Old 06-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if I've every owned a fob that didn't require reflowing the solder joints at some point. With the battery cover off (if it doesn't use anything on it for contact), press around on the battery some to put pressure on the battery clip and see if you can repeatedly get it activate. If it works it could just be a cold joint come loose.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks SSellers,

I was able to figure if out. Theres a piece that looks like it holds the battery in place. It was blocking the connection with the battery. So i just pushed it out the way, and its good to go.. Lol.. These damn cars man.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wth!!!!

It was working perfectly for a day, and now its acting all dead again. Damn these cars!

Quick Reply: Whats up with my key fob?