General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

02 WS6-cranks but won't start????

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 WS6-cranks but won't start????

I drove the car to the parts store only 1 block from home, went into store came out, car wouldn't start. I replaced the fuel filter, then the pump because pressure at rail was only 25lbs. Still won't fire. Check engine light was on pulled a code for TPS, change that. Still won't fire. Today changed air temperature sensor. I took the throttle body off and cleaned the MAF sensor and the cleaned the IAC. The car turns over but doesn't start. I can eventually get it to start but it won't idle on its own. When i try to accelerate or give it gas to get the idle up it dies immediately. Any body have any suggestions please?
Old 09-01-2013, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I think you had it right with the fuel pressure being low. What is it after your new pump? Could be possible you got a bad pump if it was aftermarket. There's a reason alot of repair shops only stick to OEM fuel pumps.

My guess is you have 0 fuel pressure now
Old 09-02-2013, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are right, 0 pressure!!! This is the 2nd pump I have put in too. When the first pump didn't work, I called The Pump House, which is where I bought the pump, the guy came out and replaced it said the regulator was bad. So I guess he will be making another trip out to replace this one for a better one!
I will keep you posted.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure the pump is getting voltage? Ive seen many cars where the fuel pump harness went bad.

Quick Reply: 02 WS6-cranks but won't start????