General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Yet another no crank no start issue. Help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Yet another no crank no start issue. Help Please!!

I hope i'm posting this in the correct forum. I've been reading for 2 days to the point of confusion now. 2002 WS6 M6, no engine mods.. Owned for 4 years, never had a starting issue. yes, the battery is good as is the starter. I have no power to the purple solenoid wire unless I jump at the starter relay. I have power to the 15amp starter fuse and the clutch safety switch when in the START position. If I ground the yellow/ black wire at the BCM it will fire then shutoff. Windows, radio and dash lights all work fine. my front running lights come on with switch even with the E-Brake up, but my map lights are not working. Is this my BCM gone bad? I have taken it apart and all solder connections look good. I absolutely have to have this running as it is my rolling office. Please help soon!!! Thanks

Also, my fuel pump is priming.

Happy Labor Day! Woo hoo

Last edited by Cobra456hp; 09-02-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Teching In

I had the key switch replaced a couple of years ago. I have 2 sets of keys, neither work. If the resistor part of the switch is bad would my starter fuse still light up in the START position? Seriously considering a '69. Something without all this crap on it.

Update: for some reason my map lights are now working and the running lights aren't staying on with the brake up. Still not cranking though!

Last edited by Cobra456hp; 09-02-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Update:::
Old 09-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Teching In

FIXED!!!! FN key switch..

Quick Reply: Yet another no crank no start issue. Help Please!!