General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Completed Engine and T-56 Swap. The car wont start now.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completed Engine and T-56 Swap. The car wont start now.....

I just finally did my engine swap and t-56 swap today. I swapped out my computer with the one that the t-56 ran on. I checked the battery and starter which are fine. Now when turn on the car, all the lights come on which is a good sign. But when I try to start the car and press on the clutch switch while the car is in neutral I hear a clunk. The lights dim which is showing that power is going but it wont crank or anything. What could be the problem? None of my fuses are blown either. Please help.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2013, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lilboiWS6
I just finally did my engine swap and t-56 swap today. I swapped out my computer with the one that the t-56 ran on. I checked the battery and starter which are fine. Now when turn on the car, all the lights come on which is a good sign. But when I try to start the car and press on the clutch switch while the car is in neutral I hear a clunk. The lights dim which is showing that power is going but it wont crank or anything. What could be the problem? None of my fuses are blown either. Please help.

Thanks
You are sure the motor was good right? If you are hearing a clunk, it sounds like the starter is getting power but the engine won't turn?

My first step would be to try and manually turn the engine over with a breaker bar or something (easily try to turn it). Hopefully the engine is not locked up....

Quick Reply: Completed Engine and T-56 Swap. The car wont start now.....