General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hard to fix the camber angle because car previously went over curb. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard to fix the camber angle because car previously went over curb. Help?

Yeah, every time I take it to the alignment place, I hear some kind of popping noise whenever they try to align it. A few miles of driving later and the wheels get un-aligned. Any idea?

The guy there commented on how rusty my "knuckle"...

Hard to fix the camber angle because car previously went over curb. Help?-f07ols9l.jpg
Old 01-06-2014, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lots of views and no response. Anything else you guys need?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:34 PM

That outer tie-rod looks toasted, check upper/lower ball joints. If its only this side that is whacked out, do some measurements to the frame from various points. I recently had some fun with a curb getting caught in the snow and it turned out to be a bent spindle. Turns out they bend easily. But if you're saying they corrected it and then it came out again, you must obviously have another issue. #1 if that tie rod bushing looks as bad as that, I'd guess the others need inspection. I cant believe whoever aligned your car didn't say anything.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:36 PM

Replace that tie-rod!!!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Jack under lower control arm check upper and lower ball joints with weight off of them...and I wouldnt take to whom ever aligned with an outter looking like that again..

Quick Reply: Hard to fix the camber angle because car previously went over curb. Help?