General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Blown ENG SEN Fuse, troubleshooting results inside...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blown ENG SEN Fuse, troubleshooting results inside...

Okay so I know what components are on this fuse. I hooked up a DMM from the fuse to ground in "beep" mode. Disconnected the 4 02 sensors and the skip shift solenoid, couldn't get the reverse lockout solenoid connector off but does not matter.

With these disconnected, no short to ground. As soon as I connect anyone of the 4 02 sensors, it's shorted to ground.

Anyone have an idea what would cause this? I can see one bad 02 causing the problem, but this is tied somehow to all four?

Thanks up front.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Look for melted O2 sensor wires. Do you have any exhaust modifications or places where the O2 wires could be touching hot spots?
Old 09-29-2014, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wssix99
Look for melted O2 sensor wires. Do you have any exhaust modifications or places where the O2 wires could be touching hot spots?
I have shorty headers but I thoroughly looked over all four 02 sensor leads and did not see anything wrong.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was experiencing the ENG SEN fuse issue (along with the turn signals/reverse lights fuse) and had chased down every exposed spot I could locate on the O2 sensor wires with no luck; as it turned out, my dipstick tube had moved and was arcing massively against a coil pack bolt and assorted wiring on the passenger side of the engine bay.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
I was experiencing the ENG SEN fuse issue (along with the turn signals/reverse lights fuse) and had chased down every exposed spot I could locate on the O2 sensor wires with no luck; as it turned out, my dipstick tube had moved and was arcing massively against a coil pack bolt and assorted wiring on the passenger side of the engine bay.
Worth checking, thanks.

Quick Reply: Blown ENG SEN Fuse, troubleshooting results inside...