General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight issues But not Stripped Gear.Adjustments perhaps

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headlight issues But not Stripped Gear.Adjustments perhaps

Just installed two new Motors in my 00 trans am as the others were shot.They worked fine for around a week then i got the Winking problem.Where one headlights goes down and the other stays up.It is getting power and makes NO noise.I can take a 10mm wrench and just move the Nut that holds the arm to the motor and i hear a popping sound almost as if Freeing something Up and it will work for about Two times Cycling them up and down then it locks up again in the up position.Could it be just a junk motor or what.Worst design ever for headlgiths ,I have never had this amount of trouble with my old Trans am ,I put new motors in and Was fixed but this car seems to be cursed lol

I Honestly do not know what to Do to fix this and Desperately
want to remedy this so i can have them Function properly

here is how it looks trying to figure out if it is a motor problem or adjustment issue.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:36 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

One of your door arms isn't attached to the motor correctly. Just putting the nut on isn't enough. You have to like the key up to the one on the motor shaft and get it sated properly before the nut is tightened down.

If you compare the good one to the bad one, you should be able to see differences.

Quick Reply: Headlight issues But not Stripped Gear.Adjustments perhaps