General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

CAR will not Crank unless i bypass the Ignition relay.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 06:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default CAR will not Crank unless i bypass the Ignition relay.

I have not been able to figure this one out, Ive searched the forum plus all the others and haven't been able to find a clue on what to do.
The Car first did not want to crank at my house, even though the battery seemed fine. I let it charge for a few minutes then it fired right up. Next morning went to lowes. Would not start in the parking lot. Battery was fine but no cranking. Again everything seemed fine just would not crank at all. My key FOB was dead and i was using just my keys to unlock the car, So since i didn't have anymore options, I went back inside bought a new battery for the KEY FOB. Replaced it Car made three beeps after pressing the unlock. Car started right up. ?
Got home tried to start it again. Nothing been like that for three days now. Ive checked the VATs that is fine I get a good ohm reading at the key and at the harness. Still tried the VAT bypass again Nothing. I know the starter is fine, If i bypass the ignition relay the car cranks fine, but will not start. I begin to smell fuel so I know the Fuel system is working. The battery connections are all good. no loose connections at the starter and a good ground.
One thing is i get the flashing red light on the dash but it goes it goes away once i close the car door or after a few seconds.
Well as i was writing this i reset the PCM and the car started right up. So i guess that was the problem (we will wait and see) But, i am clueless of why that happened.

Well, after letting it run for about ten minutes, I shut it off and again Nothing!
So i have NO CLUE!! WTF is going on.

Last edited by grimspyder; 06-02-2015 at 06:44 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it turned out to be the VATS after all. So the resistor mod worked. The crazy thing is i didn't get the security light, and the correct ohm reading from the key showed in the harness, when i tested it.
Oh' Well as long as it works.

Quick Reply: CAR will not Crank unless i bypass the Ignition relay.