General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help with Oil pressure issues on a lq4

Old 07-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Oil pressure issues on a lq4

Hey guys I need help I have a lq4 stock bottom end and ls3 top end with cam.when my car Idling at low RPMs my oil pressure goes up and down making my car wanting shut down sometimes it dose but when I'm driving it stays at 40 50 until I come to a stop and starts to idle low
Can some help or give me a tip or two
Thanks guys
Old 07-05-2015, 01:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by lsxornothing
Hey guys I need help I have a lq4 stock bottom end and ls3 top end with cam.when my car Idling at low RPMs my oil pressure goes up and down making my car wanting shut down sometimes it dose but when I'm driving it stays at 40 50 until I come to a stop and starts to idle low
Can some help or give me a tip or two
Thanks guys
It's common for oil pressure to drop when the engine RPM drops to low. I doubt the oil pressure going up and down has anything to do with making your car want to stall. If I had to guess I would say the tune is off causing RPMs to fluctuate and that is causing your oil pressure issue or if you have a radical cam then you're trying to get it to idle to low and need to bump the idle up.
More details on your engine would be helpful.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks and my cam is 227/242 it's a nitrous cam everthing is stock like the block 6.0 and ls3 heads and manifold the injectors are 42s that's what I was thinking I need a retune I drove it 7 hours from Houston to midland tx

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with Oil pressure issues on a lq4