General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My bird randomly hardstarts?

Old 10-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My bird randomly hardstarts?

99 pontiac firebird vert ws6

So ive noticed that my car basically starts up when it wants too. Sometimes it will start up as soon as i turn the key, and other times it will take a few seconds.

Ive tried priming the key forward several times before attempting to start it , but it does not make a difference, it will hard start if it wants to.

I also figured maybe it was only a cold start issue, but no.. sometimes it starts right up from a cold start without hesitation.

the car does have a racetronix fuel pump installed by the Previous owner, i ended up finding the install paperwork in the car after purchase.

Does anyone know what could cause this issue? I plan on starting small by swapping the fuel filter in the next few days and see if it makes a difference.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by j0hn_j0hn08
99 pontiac firebird vert ws6

So ive noticed that my car basically starts up when it wants too. Sometimes it will start up as soon as i turn the key, and other times it will take a few seconds.

Ive tried priming the key forward several times before attempting to start it , but it does not make a difference, it will hard start if it wants to.

I also figured maybe it was only a cold start issue, but no.. sometimes it starts right up from a cold start without hesitation.

the car does have a racetronix fuel pump installed by the Previous owner, i ended up finding the install paperwork in the car after purchase.

Does anyone know what could cause this issue? I plan on starting small by swapping the fuel filter in the next few days and see if it makes a difference.
any updates ? my car is doin the sdame and i will start by the fuel filter - if u solve ur issue will b glade to have the solution
Old 03-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

yes it ended up being the hard plastic hose coming directly from the fuel pump on to the fuel bucket.

The hose was loose at the tip where it connects to the assembly via clamp, i ended up buying better quality clamps and problem was solved.

I guess the pressure was bleeding off due to it not being sealed correctly.
Sucked i spent about 400 before finding the issue.

Good luck bud

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My bird randomly hardstarts?