General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Cruise control module 1993 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control module 1993 Camaro

I have the Camaro at my mechanic who is working on fixing the cruise control. He has tracked the problem to the cruise control module being dead. My car is a t56 and they do not seem to have these units widely available . Has anybody encountered this type of situation before or have any suggestions as to where to find a cruise control module for a t56 z28? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have looked all over online and been unable to find anything solid.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:14 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You need to go to a junk/salvage yard or to a used parts supplier. Someone skilled in electronics repair should be able to fix your existing module - but hiring that out would be unreasonably expensive in comparison.

Any local yard should be able to track this down for you, but there are places like Hawks Third Gen and Cleveland Power and Performance that stick a high number of salvaged F-Bodies. (If you search online, you can find many more.) Sometimes, you can also find these used parts on eBay. These used parts suppliers also typically offer a 30 day return policy if there are problems with the part - so that's another thing to look in to.

Quick Reply: Cruise control module 1993 Camaro